Images of Black-tailed Deer – Odocoileus hemionus. Also known as Mule Deer. This species is currently split into seven subspecies:
- Sitka black-tailed deer (O. h. sitkensis)
- Columbian black-tailed deer (O. h. columbianus)
- California mule deer (O. h. californicus)
- Southern mule deer (O. h. fuliginatus)
- Peninsular mule deer (O. h. peninsulae)
- Desert mule deer (O. h. eremicus)
- Rocky Mountain mule deer (O. h. hemionus)
Columbian black-tailed deer – Odocoileus hemionus columbianus. Ranging from Northern California to coastal British Columbia.
Sitka Black-tailed Deer – Odocoileus hemionus sitkensis. From Alaska and Northwestern British Columbia.
[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”325″ display=”basic_thumbnail”]